St George’s is one of the oldest schools in the country and has provided an unbroken line of boy choristers to sing daily services in St George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle, since 1352.
At St Georges the 23 choristers live at school, where they attend lessons with the other children. They rehearse each day before and after school in the Song School by the Chapel, where they sing six services each week during term time. The co-educational prep school buildings are situated just below the north wall of the castle.
The school library forms an important part of the pupils curriculum. Treske designed tables and chairs, a librarian’s desk, computer desks, shelving and reversible display shelves to fulfil the practical needs of the most important room in any school’s life. The light, warm colours of the ash gives a child-friendly feel to the space.